“The Annual Report on the Eco-System of Science and Technology Finance in China”, compiled by SISS and the China Academy of Science and Technology for Development, was released on the 30th of October, 2018. Zhang Mingxi, Professor and Vice Director of Institute of S&T Investment from the China Academy of Science and Technology for Development presented the report on behalf of the research team. Press including Jiefang Daily, Wen Wei Po, China Daily, Xinhua Net has reported on the event, and the reports was also reprinted by platform such as Shanghai STVC Group and KPMG China.
This report is the fourth research report on the science and technology finance ecology in China. The report indicated that in the previous year:
- The ecological environment of science and technology finance in China has continued to improve, and the ecological system of science and technology finance has become more diversified.
- The government uses tax incentives and guiding funds to increase support for innovation and entrepreneurship and the financing channels for venture capital.
- The credit scale of S&T SMEs has continued to increase. Multi-level capital market pyramid is more clearly shaped.
- Product innovation of science and technology insurance creates the insurance support for the whole chain of innovation.
- The report also explored the innovative development mode of science and technology finance in various regions.
- Great progress has been made in such areas as green finance and fintech.
Zhang Mingxi at the presentation
The Annual Report on the Eco-System of Science and Technology Finance in China